SYNC4000 products series are Control Centre level Front end servers used for variety of high-performance data collection and concentration applications, including Wide Area Monitoring, SCADA/DMS Data Aggregation, M2M Data Concentration, etc. Wide area monitoring front end having Synchrophasor data concentrator (PDC) can stream data from any IEEE C37.118 compliant phasor measurement unit to multiple control central applications. Data Aggregation variant have high-end Control Center gateway with protocol drivers and M2M Services, IEC61131-3 based advanced PLC engine and other FEP functionalities built in one device. This product can be used to interconnect automation system (SCADA/ EMS/ DMS) LAN to WAN networks like MPLS/Cellular/Public Lease line without compromising on the communication security.
Synchrophasor measurement has been gaining acceptance in power system operations and is being widely adopted in many power systems. A wide variety of devices now support synchrophasors, from stand-alone Phasor Measurement Units (PMUs), to protection relays, meters, fault recorders and other substation devices.With the standardization of synchrophasor communications by IEEE C37.118, utilities can now select best-of-breed equipment from various vendors, and integrate them into their applications. SYNC 4000 PDC can concentrate the streams, time align, and the processed data can be streamed to Wide Area Monitoring Applications.
- High performance with minimum data loss and latency
- Vast protocol conversion capability– ICCP, Modbus, IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5.104, DNP3.0 etc.
- Legacy protocol support with support of SPT4/SYNC2000/3000 devices
- Multi master/SCADA communication capability
- Disturbance/Fault records collection and processing
- IEC61131-3 based programming engine support
- Time synchronization using IEC60870/ DNP3/ SNTP/ NTP/ IEEE 1588 (on request)
- Device management using SNMP/Webserver
- User friendly desktop based configuration and diagnostics utility
- Communication Redundancy and hot standby device redundancy support
- Assigns static IP address to the field devices there by eliminating the requirement of fixed IP at remote location
- IEEE C37.118 data processing, time alignment and aggregation
- TCP, UCP and hybrid communication profiles or Phasor data
- Scalable to 2000 PMUs connections and 4 client connections for PDC application
- Supports communication security on both upstream and downstream
- Protects the system against possible intrusions with built in firewall
- Adheres to NERC-CIP security compliance requirements
- Offers IEC62351 based transport layer security
- Provides SSL VPN with AES,DES or 3DES encryption
- Follows IEC62351-5/DNP3 secure authentication